There has been a school in Havering-atte-Bower for many years.
The present school building dates from 1891 and the school has been extended at various times since then. The school traditionally has close links with the parish church of St. John the Evangelist, reflected in its present Voluntary Controlled status.
The school is named after Dame Anne Tipping, a daughter of Sir Thomas Cheke of Pyrgo, who was a Constable of the Tower of London in Stuart times. Dame Anne left a bequest for the education of local children, which is commemorated in the school name.
We encourage our pupils to respect and appreciate the traditions of our past whilst ensuring that they receive an education appropriate to the world of today.