Newsletter 28: 8th May 2015
Newsletter 28: 8th May 2015
‘The best that I can be’
Dear parents/ carers,
This week, the children had fun taking part in some competitive sports during their PE lessons. Each house had a chance to win points by taking part in Olympic style games. Thank you to Mrs. Potts and Coach Del for organising and running the games. Two pupils received the torch on behalf of the blue team, who won the competition.
Friends of Dame Tipping
Don’t forget that the next meeting will be at 7.30pm on Wednesday 13th May at the Orange tree pub on Orange Tree Hill. This will hopefully allow working parents to join us.
All information about future events will be on the friends’ Facebook page. If parents would like to be emailed about events etc, they can email firstname.lastname@example.org
I have had some feedback from the Mathletics online scheme. Please let me know if you have used the scheme and tell me what you thought of it, as a representative from the company will be calling me next week.
A few parents have said that they are having problems logging on to Bug Club. On the log in page, there is a link called ‘will it work on my computer?’ Please try clicking on here to see what the problem is. If you have any other problems using the scheme, please come and ask Mrs. McCormack, our English co-ordinator.
Year 6 SATs
I am sure you will all join me in wishing our Year 6 pupils every success in their SATs tests next week. They have all been working incredibly hard and are determined to do their best. Thank you to Mr. Evans, Mrs. Hood, Mrs. Johnson, Mrs. Howson, Miss Luxford and, of course, parents and carers, for helping the children to prepare.
Well done to class 3 and class 1 for reaching our attendance target of 97% this week.
Max Rider, Dhiya Chagger, Devon Alexander, Katie Percival,Caleb Chen, Chloe Taylor, Chinaza Osaji-Okai, Sidney Turrell, Jack Robinson, Michelle Onifade
Well done, everyone !
Well done to Bonny-Blu Kedadi and Elaina Goodison who have earned their place in this week’s Gold Book for excellent classroom behaviour.
Taylor Moss received the Headteacher’s award this week for his positive attitude to school and his contribution to school life.
Dates for the diary:
- Monday 11th-Thursday 14th May- Year 6 SATs tests
- Wednesday 13th May- School nurse drop-in- 8.30am
- Wednesday 13th May- Friends Meeting at the Orange Tree-7.30pm
- Tuesday 19th May- Havering Music School meeting for parents- 9.15am
- Friday 22nd May and Monday 1st June- School closed for Teacher Training
These days fall either side of the May half-term week.
- Wednesday 10th June- Stubbers meeting for year 5 and 6 pupils-3.15pm
- Friday 12th June- Quiz Night at Dame Tipping School- 7.30pm
- Saturday 27th June- School Summer Fayre- 2pm
- Wednesday 15th July- Friday 17th July- Year 5 and 6 residential trip to Stubbers
- Wednesday 22nd July- Leavers’ church service followed by family BBQ-1.30pm
- Thursday 3rd September 2015- Return to school after Summer Holidays
Mrs. Kathryn Waters