Newsletter 29: 15th May 2015
‘The best that I can be’
Dear parents/ carers,
Our Year 6 children made us very proud this week, putting the last months of hard work into their SATs tests. They all did their very best. Well done, year 6!
I would also like to say a big thank you to all the staff who have taught and supported them through this intensive time.
Friends of Dame Tipping
Thank you to all the parents who came to the meeting on Wednesday evening.
The next meeting will be at the school on Thursday 11th June at 2.30pm.
All information about future events can be found on the friends’ Facebook page. If parents would like to be emailed about events etc, they can email email@example.com
Bags 2 School
The Friends have arranged for a collection of unwanted clothes from the school on Wednesday 10th June. The children will be bringing the bags home shortly, so please support the school by filling them and bringing them in.
I would be grateful for more feedback on the Mathletics online scheme before I make a decision about whether to purchase the scheme or to look for an alternative.
Now that the weather is turning warmer, it is even more important that the children drink plenty of water during the day. Please provide your child with a named bottle, containing water only.
You may remember that Mrs. Goodison is raising money so that her friend’s son, Joshua, can have treatment in America. He is now in Florida and receiving treatment. Mrs. Goodison and her friends have raised £8000 so far, which is amazing. Thank you if you contributed towards this total. If you would like to buy one of Mrs. Goodison’s beautiful owl cushions to raise more money, she is still taking orders. Joshua needs our prayers, too, as he is struggling at the moment. I will keep you updated on his progress.
Congratulations to Class 3 who have the highest attendance this week at 98.67%.
Billy Newman, Jake Henwood, Krishaan Chagger, Archie Jerrett, Harly Danciger, Elena Marshall, Chidi Emechebe, Hermione McCormack, Lou-Lou French, Naadedei Osaji-Okai
Well done, everyone !
Well done to Mikey Snow who has earned his place in this week’s Gold Book for excellent classroom behaviour.
Dates for the diary:
- Tuesday 19th May- Havering Music School meeting for parents- 9.15am
- Friday 22nd May and Monday 1st June- School closed for Teacher Training
These days fall either side of the May half-term week.
- Wednesday 10th June- Stubbers meeting for year 5 and 6 pupils-3.15pm
- Thursday 11th June- Friends of Dame Tipping Meeting-2.30pm
- Friday 12th June- Quiz Night at Dame Tipping School- 7.30pm
- Saturday 27th June- School Summer Fayre- 2pm
- Wednesday 1st July- School nurse drop in- 8.30am
- Wednesday 15th July- Friday 17th July- Year 5 and 6 residential trip to Stubbers
- Wednesday 22nd July- Leavers’ church service followed by family BBQ-1.30pm
- Thursday 3rd September 2015- Return to school after Summer Holidays
Mrs. Kathryn Waters