Happy Birthday,Your Majesty
We had a lovely time yesterday celebrating the Queen’s 90th birthday. We had a whole school tea party, followed by inter-house games. Thank you to Miss North and Mrs Hood for organising the tea party, to our Head Boy, William and Head Girl, Scarlett for making speeches and to the Year 6 house captains for organising the games.
The year 5 and 6 children who attended the ‘Quad Kids’ athletics event on Tuesday very much enjoyed the day and were a credit to the school. Our teams did not win, but all tried their best. Individual results are yet to be announced.
INSET day ‘Play Date’
You & your children are warmly invited to another Friends of Dame Tipping Play Date, to be held Thursday 23rd June. Weald Park, Brentwood. Car parks can be found on Weald Road and Lincolns Lane, CM14 5QS (small charge made for parking).Stick Man Trail, Deer & Ducks to feed. Play & Picnic Area. Meet outside the Visitor Centre at 10.30am. Please bring packed lunch & a child or two or three ! Contact Verity Collins if you want further info 07876 497 988.
Due to the adverse weather conditions over half term, the building of the playground is behind schedule. When the installation is complete, the ground has to be dry enough to lay the safety surface ; therefore, the car park will unfortunately be inaccessible for at least one more week, but possibly two weeks, so please continue to make alternative arrangements for parking . Staff will be on duty at the front of the school before and after school, so you will be able to drop your children there. I apologise for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience.
Well done to Jack Robinson, Elaina Goodison, Zachary Teshola, Chinaza Osaji-Okai, Kitty Higgins, Rhiannon Geca and Coral Stoker for earning their place in this week’s Gold Book for excellent learning behaviour.
Tom Marshall (Friendship) for always being kind and helpful to his friends ; Rhys Hayes (Perseverance) for excellent reading this week ; Sidney Turrell (Perseverance), for excellent reading ; Scarlett Blackshaw (Friendship/Compassion/Respect), for being kind and well behaved ;
Michael Battrum (Perseverance), for organising his house team’s sports so well. Well done !
Work of the week
Reception’s work of the week was awarded to Miller Davis for writing an excellent sentence in phonics, Class 1 and 2’s to Charlotte Woods for her information writing, Class 3 and 4’s to Krish Patel for his excellent use of negative numbers and Year 5 and 6’s to Kaci Peart for her excellent redrafting work. Well done, everyone.
This week’s Headteachers award went to Sidonie Holmes for living up to our school motto ‘The best that I can be’.
Well done to Joshua Airen for achieving a Merit in his Grade 2 violin exam.
Unfortunately, attendance this week has been low. Hopefully we will be able to get back to our usual excellent attendance next week.
Reception : 92.5% ; Class 1 and 2 : 92.92% ; Class 3 and 4 : 95.69% ; Class 5 and 6 : 92.24%
Dates until the end of term
As usual, there are lots of events happening towards the end of term. Please make a note of all dates in your diary.
Dates for the diary:
- Monday 13th June- Year 5 Secondary Transfer Talks- 6pm
- Thursday 16th June- Summer open afternoon for parents and children- 3-5pm
- Friday 17th June- Class photographs
- Saturday 18th June- School Summer Fair on the village green
- Monday 20th-Friday 24th June- Class 5 and 6 residential visit.
- Thursday 23rd June – School closed to pupils for the European Referendum.
- Friday 8th July- Taster afternoon for new Reception children and parents- 1.00-2.30pm
- Tuesday 12th July- Sports Events- parents may attend from 2.30pm (there will be no parking behind the school for safety reasons)
- Thursday 14th July- Class 5 and 6 performance for parents (St. John’s Church Hall) 6.30pm
- Tuesday 19th July- Reception, Class 1 and 2 performances for parents- 9.30am and 1.30pm
- Wednesday 20th July- Leaver’s Service (St. John’s Church)- 1.30pm
Mrs. Kathryn Waters