Following the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games the Government has provided funding for schools to secure a significant and lasting legacy for the children. The aim is to develop an enjoyment of sport and physical activity, and to promote a healthy lifestyle in children from an early age.
The funding is calculated by the number of primary aged children between the ages of 5 and 11 years. All schools with 17 or more primary-aged pupils received a lump sum of £16,000 plus a premium of £10 per pupil. This funding is ring-fenced and therefore can only be spent on provision of P.E. and sport in schools.
Aims for our School Sports Premium
- For all children to enjoy and benefit from high quality P.E. opportunities, regardless of sporting ability.
- Some activities may be subsidised so that pupils do not miss out due to financial constraints.
- To make use of collaborative and partnership working.
- For all children to have the opportunity to participate in out of school hours sports activities.
- To raise the profile of sports and to promote a healthy lifestyle.
Please click here to find our Sports Premium impact statement 2022-2023