What is Special Educational Needs (SEN)?

A pupil has SEN if they have a learning difficulty or disability which calls for special educational provision to be made for them.

They have a learning difficulty or disability if they have a significantly greater difficulty in learning than the majority of others the same age, or a disability which prevents or hinders them from making use of facilities of a kind generally provided for others of the same age in mainstream schools.

Special educational provision is educational or training provision that is additional to, or different from, that made generally for other children of the same age.

All key school policies can be found on the school policies page.

Click here to view the SEN Code of Practice.  This provides details of our duty to SEND children at our school.

If you have any questions regarding our school provision or any general SEN queries, please contact our SENDCO, Stella McCarthy, ( or phone the school (01708 745409).

Havering Local Offer

If you would like information about the Havering SEND local offer, please click here

SENDIASS – SEND Information and Advice Support Service. SENDIASS offer a free, impartial, confidential information, advice and support service offering support to young people with SEND and parents of children with SEND (01708 433885).

Positive Parents – Positive Parents is the strategic consultative body within Havering representing families of children with special educational needs and disabilities.  The service aims to act as a link between parents and carers and service providers (01708 524627).

National Autistic Society – They provide information, support and services for autistic people and their families (020 7833 2299).

Romford Autistic Group – Romford Autistic Group Support (RAGS) is a support group set up by parents of children with autism within the London Borough of Havering to support parents of children with autism (01708 564871).

Add Up – Add Up are a local support and action group, for Havering, Barking & Dagenham and surrounding areas who aim to bring families together and to support parents with finding the practical help they need for their children and to promote both public and professional awareness of ADHD (01708 454040).

Royal Society for Blind Children (RSBC) – This society provides support for children with a visual impairment and their families. There is a free Family Support service that can provide emotional support and advice regarding a range of benefits and grants. For older children the Society can offer music groups, Health and well-being clubs, as well as social and peer groups (0203 1980225).

Sycamore Trust – Sycamore Trust UK is a charity based in Barking and Dagenham which supports parents, carers and individuals affected by Autism Spectrum Disorders and/or Learning Difficulties. They offer a range of specialised services designed to support families, educate the community and empower individuals of all ages. Their services range across the London Boroughs of Barking and Dagenham, Redbridge and Havering​ (0208 517 9317 or 0208 262 5330).

HBBS (Havering and Brentwood Bereavement Service) is a local ‘not for profit’ organisation which was founded in 1989. HBBS offer a counselling service to  adults, young people and children. In the past their work was primarily about addressing issues relating to bereavement but they now also offer generic counselling to support people of all ages with a wide range of issues. (01277 283199)